The Sponsorship Class was created by the Canadian government, to help reunite families whenever possible. If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, you could qualify to sponsor certain members of your family to immigrate to Canada with you. There are several categories that can help unite you and your loved ones.
The list of persons who may be sponsored includes the following:
• spouses, common law partners, and conjugal partners;
• dependent children;
• children intended for adoption;
• parents, grandparents, and their dependent children;
• brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, and grandchildren who are orphaned, who are under 18, and who are not a spouse or common law partner; and
• any relative, if the sponsor is alone in Canada without family members and has none of the above family members to sponsor.sponsorship assessment